Welcome to Holy Family Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine in Central Lonsdale, North Vancouver. Our Registered Acupuncturist and Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner, Sunghyun Jason Tjen (R.Ac, R.TCM P.), is committed to enhancing the quality of your day through multi-disciplinary holistic TCM care.
With over a decade of experience since 2009, we take a personalized approach to your care, which includes acupuncture, herbal medicine, cupping therapy, ear acupuncture, moxibustion, and more. Our patients have benefited greatly from our services, and we are confident that you will too.
At Holy Family Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine, we are dedicated to helping you achieve optimal health and wellness. Whether you are seeking relief from pain, stress, sleep disorders, digestive problems, or any other health issue, we are here to help. Browse our website to learn more about our services and read our Testimonials from satisfied patients. Contact us today or Book Online to schedule an appointment and begin your journey to better health.
We offer a convenient and hassle-free billing process by providing direct billing services to ICBC and most major extended health benefits providers, including Bluecross, Sunlife, Manulife, Canada Life, Chamber of Commerce, GSC, and many others. We also accept claims from CF, RCMP, and VAC. Additionally, we offer MSP Assistance to low-income patients, which includes a reduced fee of $23 per treatment for up to 10 times per calendar year. Our goal is to make acupuncture and herbal medicine accessible and affordable for everyone. Please ask us for more details.
For eight consecutive years from 2016 to 2023, Sunghyun and Holy Family Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine have been selected as one of the top three acupuncture clinics in North Vancouver by threebestrated.ca, a reputable rating agency.
Sunghyun Jason Tjen has extensive experience in treating a wide range of health conditions, including but not limited to:
- Acute and chronic pain, as well as injuries from motor vehicle accidents or sports-related activities, such as headache, neck and shoulder pain, frozen shoulder, tennis/golf elbow, wrist pain, backache, lower back pain, hip pain, and knee pain
- Sleeping disorders, insomnia, depression, and anxiety
- Stress management, chronic fatigue, and tiredness
- Digestive problems, chronic gastritis, IBS, and constipation
- Respiratory ailments, asthma, allergic rhinitis, and chronic sinusitis
- Women's wellness issues, including PMS, menstruation, pregnancy, fertility, labour preparation, breech condition, postpartum depression, and menopausal symptoms
- Weight control and addiction control
- Urinary problems, prostate disorder, and UTI
- Degenerative disorders, such as diabetes, Crohn's disease, and fibromyalgia
- Pediatrics, using Shonishin (needle-less manipulation) for babies and children
- Anti-aging and facial acupuncture
- Surgery preparations and other chronic discomforts
We are dedicated to providing personalized, holistic care to help you achieve optimal health and wellness.
- North Vancouver: Main Clinic
#102-120 W. 16th St., North Vancouver
Tuesday: 9 am to 6 pm
Wednesday: 9 am to 6 pm
Thursday: 9 am to 6 pm
Friday: 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 1 pm
Please note that the new rate will be applied for herbal medicine products as of September 1st, 2021
Acupuncture involves the therapeutic stimulation of the channels and collaterals (Jing Luo) on the body's surface using extremely fine needles, in order to regulate and balance the flow of energy (qi) and blood circulation. If you are seeking relief from pain or chronic ailments, acupuncture is a safe and non-invasive option to consider.
Traditional Chinese herbal medicine formulas are the result of over 2000 years of knowledge and involve a complex combination of carefully selected herbs to increase therapeutic effectiveness while minimizing toxicity and side-effects. At our clinic, we personalize each formula to suit your individual needs. We offer herbal medicine in modern concentrated granule form, which is free from pollutants and heavy metals, highly potent, and easy to take.
We understand that some individuals may have a fear of needles, which is why we offer needle-free treatments as well. Shonishin is a gentle needle-less manipulation technique for babies and children, while cupping therapy, moxibustion, ear acupuncture, and frequency acupressure stimulation are effective alternatives to acupuncture for adults. These treatments can help alleviate a variety of daily ailments, and our experienced practitioner will work with you to determine the best course of treatment for your needs.